Whereas, the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) was constituted vide G.O.Ms.No.570 MA dt:25.08.2008 and the authorities such as Hyderabad Urban Development Authority / Hyderabad Airport Development Authority / Cyberabad Development Authority were dissolved and merged with Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority. The jurisdiction of Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority extends to 55 Mandals located in five districts viz. Hyderabad (all 16 Mandals), Medak (P) – 10 Mandals, Rangareddy (P) – 22 Mandals, Mahaboobnagar (P) – 2 Mandals and Nalgonda (P) – 5 Mandals. The total area of Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority is around 7228 Sq.Kms. The jurisdiction of Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority includes the areas covered by Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation, Sangareddy and Bhongiri Municipalities and 849 Villages.
- And whereas, there are Seven (7) Master Plans which have been notified and are in force in Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority area viz.
- Development Plan for erstwhile MCH area was approved vide G.O.Ms.No.414 MA, dt:27.09.1975, which was revised and approved vide G.O.Ms.No.363 MA, dated:21.08.2010.
- Master Plan of Non Municipal areas of Hyderabad Urban Development Authority was approved vide G.O.Ms.No.391 MA, dated 23.06.1980, which was revised and approved (Pre-expansion areas of Hyderabad Urban Development Authority excluding the pre- expansion areas of GHMC), vide G.O.Ms.No.288 MA dated 3.04.2008.
- Cyberabad Development Authority (CDA) Master Plan was notified in 2001 vide G.O.Ms.No.538 MA, dated 29.10.2001.
- Master Plan for Hyderabad Airport Development Authority, was notified vide G.O.Ms.No.287 MA, dated 03.04.2008.
- Outer Ring Road Growth Corridor Master Plan was notified vide G.O.Ms.No.470 MA, dated 09.07.2008.
- Master Plan for Bhongir was notified vide G.O.Ms.No.242, MA dt.11.05.1989.
- Master Plan for Sangareddy was notified vide G.O.Ms.No.32 MA, dt.12.01.1988.